Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions pertain to the services Speedy Laundry Ltd (hereby referred to as ‘us’, or ‘we’) to the client, (hereby referred to as ‘you’). By using our services you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions which may change from time to time without notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.
We advise that you read these terms before you submit your order to us. We explain within these terms who we are, how we will provide our service to you, If we or you need to change or end the contract and what to do if you experience a problem.
Who we are
We are Speedy Laundry Ltd registered 27 Brackley Road, Hazlemere, High Wycombe Bucks.HP157EW. The company registration number is 04754417.
How to contact us
If you wish, you can contact us by phoning or texting our team on 01494445291. You can email us at email@example.com or write to us at Speedy Laundry Ltd Abbey House, Lincoln Road, High Wycombe, Bucks. HP123RD
If we need to contact you
If we have the need to contact you we will do so through, telephone, text, emailing you or writing to you at your postal address. The details which we hold for you would be captured by us when you placed your initial order.
We do not use traditional dry-cleaning methods
We hereby acknowledge that we do not utilize perchloroethylene, the solvent traditionally utilized by the Dry Cleaning Industry to clean delicate garments and that we will utilize an alternative process called wet-cleaning, which is predicated on utilizing dihydrogen monoxide (water), biodegradable detergents and very delicate cycles to clean your property. You hereby acknowledge that our cleaning method may not reverence the care label on your item (“item” shall mean items of attire, adjuncts, or bed linen).
Other cleaning methods
On occasions, where we believe that other cleaning methods may be more opportune, or if we do not have the appropriate equipment on site, we reserve the right to ask an external cleaning partner to immaculate your item with a method which could be other than wet cleaning. Such method could include utilization of perchloroethylene or any other method that would provide the best outcome in the view of our partner in the particular instance. Whilst we endeavour and minimise these occurrences to the bare minimum, each method has its benefits and we feel that we have to be pragmatic to ascertain the best care is given to your items if compulsory.
We inspect every item before returning it to you to ascertain that it meets our stringent quality standards. We will make every endeavour to abstract stains without damage to your item but it should be noted, however, that we do not ensure the abstraction of any stains. In any case, the cleaning charge will apply regardless of whether the stain has been abstracted. Stain abstraction is often made more successful if the stain is identified prior to washing and our ability to remove it will depend on several factors (including but not inhibited to age of the stain, composition, previous attempts to clean, nature of the fabric and dye). It is imperative that you tell us if there are stains and any information which could avail us in cleaning them as we can treat them before cleaning your item.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all items that you give us for cleaning have the appropriate care labels. We do not accept responsibility for items that have care labels that have been removed, missing or are unreadable and you accept that all such items are cleaned “at owner’s risk.”
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they inform us of any special care instructions required for items that you give us for cleaning. In the case of allergic reactions we will require the client to provide their own detergent. We do not accept responsibility for items that require special care if this has not been indicated and you accept that all such items are cleaned “at owners risk.”
How we will accept your order
Speedy Laundry Ltd acceptance of your telephone order will take place when we provide you with a confirmation text/email stating that we are able to provide you with the services and allocate a time slot to collect your order. At this point a contract will come into existence between you and us. Speedy Laundry Ltd acceptance of your order will take place when we provide you with an invoice at the point of collection of your order.
If we cannot accept your order
If for any reason we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you and you will not be charged you for the services. We may experience unexpected demands on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for. If we consider that your item may cause a risk to our machines, other items or be a risk to your item we will not accept your order.
Your order number
The system will generate an order number and assign it to you. The customer service staff will give you your number when we accept your order. It would benefit us greatly if you could communicate the number whenever you contact us about your order.
If you want to change something
If for any reason you need to make a change to your order, please contact us as soon as possible. If we can accommodate your change we will let you know. If as a consequence of your request there is a change in price of the service, their timing or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change, we would ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
More significant changes to the services and these terms
We may need to make changes to the services we offer, including but not limited to price, if we do so we will notify you and you may then, if you so wish, contact us to end the contract and receive a full refund before the changes take effect.
Delays outside our control
If there is a delay that is outside our control and it affects the performance of the Business in terms of the services it offers, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. As long as we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event. If there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
What will happen if you do not provide required information to us?
We require certain information so that we can provide the services to you. If cleaning care label information is missing, unclear or removed from an item, or special detergent provided by you is missing, we will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not provide us with this information, or you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information, you hereby accept that we will proceed with cleaning the property “at owner’s risk”.
Your rights if we suspend the services
Due to unforeseen circumstances we may need to suspend the service, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the services. If we suspend the services for longer than one week, you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for services not provided to you.
You can always end the contract before the services have been supplied and paid for.
You may contact us at any time to end the contract for the services, but in some circumstances, we may charge you certain sums for doing so.
When you are allowed to end the contract early
The contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services which have not been received or have not been properly provided if you are entitled to end the contract early for the reasons set out below:
- You have been informed of an upcoming to the services or these terms for which you do not agree to.
- A pricing or description error has been brought to light of the services you have ordered and you no longer wish to proceed.
- Events outside of our control may cause serious delay.
- If we suspend the services for more than a week for technical reasons or notify you that it is our intention to suspend services.
- If we are at fault you have a legal right to end the contract.
What happens if you end the contract without a good reason
If you end the contract without a good reason. Your items will be returned to you and you will be charged the full sum for cleaning the item.
We can end the contract if you don’t break it.
In certain circumstances we may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
- You have not, within a reasonable timescale of being asked, provided information that is necessary for us to provide the services, for example, cleaning information if the care label of an item has been removed. A refund may be available for any money you have paid in advance for the services for which you have not received. We may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- You have not, within a reasonable timescale of being asked, provided authorisation to proceed “at owners risk” with the cleaning of particularly fragile items which we have identified as at risk of being damaged in the cleaning process. A refund may be available for any money you have paid in advance for the services for which you have not received. We may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
How to tell us about problems
From time to time you may wish to contact us raising an issue or even complaining about our services. We require that you make the initial contact with us within 48 hours of receiving your cleaned items from us. You may contact us by telephone on 01494445291 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to resolve any complaints.
If you have made a complaint
If you have made a complaint and we have responded, you must follow up our response within two weeks or we will close the complaint and you will no longer have a valid claim.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of our services, we will re-clean and/or re-press your item free of charge if we are notified within 48 hours of delivery:
- The item will need to be unworn, returned in the original packaging and with our tags still attached.
- If we suspect that the item has been worn, we reserve the right to refuse to re-clean or re-press the item.
- If an item is re-cleaned because a stain has not been removed in the first clean, the re-clean will be done “at owner’s risk” as we will have to use a stronger method to attempt to remove the stain, which could result in discolouration. Please note that in any case, we cannot guarantee that the stain will be removed.
Where to find the price for the services
All our prices, unless otherwise stated are per Kilo of dirty laundry. A price list , inclusive of VAT, is available on our website or paper price lists will be availed at your request. An invoice will be provided to you after weighing your laundry at point of collection. This is payable at time of delivery of your clean laundry. For certain items however, we will agree a final price with you when we have inspected your item and determined the complexity of the service required. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of services advised to you are correct.
We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we provide the services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
When you must pay and how you must pay
You do not have to make an advance payment of the full price of the services before we start providing them. Full payment will be expected on delivery. We accept cash/cheque/bacs/card as payment.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us
In the unlikely event of damage, please inform us within 48 hours of receipt of your cleaned item from us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
If we cannot agree who is responsible for loss and damage
We will seek an independent analysis by a fabric care research laboratory (for example http://www.satra.co.uk). The fabric care research laboratory shall act as an expert and not as an arbitrator and its written determination shall be final and binding on you and us in the absence of manifest error or fraud. The cost of obtaining the fabric care research laboratory’s analysis shall be borne as the fabric research laboratory directs.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so
This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services.
When we are liable for damage to your items
Any item that you wish to complain about must be returned unworn or unused with the original packaging that the item was delivered in; failure to do so will invalidate any potential complaint/claim. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your item that we discover while providing the services. We are not responsible for inherent weaknesses or defects in materials (for example, colour runs below armpits due to deodorant) which may result in tears or the development of small holes or stains in fabric that are not readily apparent prior to processing.
Subject to clause our liability to you arising under or in connection with this agreement, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or restitution, or for breach of statutory duty or misrepresentation shall be limited to the lesser of:
- £200; or
- The depreciated value of the item as determined by the Fair Compensation Guidelines as provided by the Textile Services Association.
How we will use your personal information
We will only use the personal information you provide to us to:
- Provide the services.
- Inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
When you receive your items from our delivery driver, we require you to examine your garments:
- If you find fault, damage or shortage we require immediate written (Text/email) notice. Any such fault, damage or shortage must be reported to us in writing within 48 (forty-eight) hours of delivery of your items
- We will not be responsible for any damage reported after 48hours of delivery of your items.
- We endeavour to deliver/collect your items within your agreed slot. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery, or any losses of any kind arising from such delay.
- In the event you will not be available during our agreed scheduled slot for delivery or collection, you must inform us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to arrange another mutually convenient time for delivery with you. In the event that you miss a second agreed schedule slot we may charge an additional £5 in lieu of our costs.
- Please note a minimum order value of £20.40 3Kg GPB is required.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel an order if there is any reason to suspect our staff may be at risk of physical or verbal abuse, or if there have been repeated difficulties in attempting to make a delivery or collection, or if there are difficulties in accessing a client’s premises.
- Where a delivery driver is required to make a collection or delivery above the third floor of a building, and there is no access by lift either temporarily or permanently, we reserve the right to decline the collection or delivery. Clients are advised to contact us if they foresee any difficulties in the driver gaining access to their property. We will endeavour to assist clients wherever practically possible but cannot guarantee we will be able to do so.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We reserve the right to apply our best judgement.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract.
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings?
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts.